Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beware! Scary Times!

Caveat Emptor!
(Let the buyer beware!)
My family's financial future has been radically impacted in a positive way by the biblical principles  applied in Dave Ramsey's "Financial Peace University" course. One of the key principles promoted is to be aware of the tendency to over spend when using credit cards. This evening, as my wife and daughter and I were shopping. I came across this VISA "promotion" that was interestingly posted amidst some Halloween decorations. I about fell over, thinking, "I have got to send this to Dave Ramsey!" 

By God's grace, we want to bring glory and honor to His Name in every area of our lives... including our finances. We want to live like no one else, so that someday, we can... give like no one else.

Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it.
The rich rules over the poor,
and the borrower is the slave of the lender.
Whoever sows injustice will reap calamity,
and the rod of his fury will fail.
Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed,
for he shares his bread with the poor.


Growing in grace... and amazed...

No comments:

Post a Comment