Monday, September 6, 2010

Please, Lord... Could I have some "more"? Come hungry... Get Happy.


Related image
Unlike young Oliver, in Charles Dickens' novel, Oliver Twist, coming to the Lord, and asking for "more" will not result in a "bash to the head" from a cruel task master... 

When we come to the Lord of glory and ask for "more"
  • more of His grace
  • more of His glory 
  • more of Him

...to this request, He says:

"Ah! My child - my poor, mournful, starving child... come in. I am so pleased to have you. I have great news for you.  I have made a place at my table for youI have the richest of foods, and you can eat to your soul's delight. "

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."

Come hungry... get happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment